• Is the facility large enough to
accommodate my needs
— number of guests, size of the wedding party,
aisles wide enough for the bride and her escort, floor space for the
• Does it have provisions for
elderly guests or those who may be handicapped
— ramps, parking spaces, moveable
seating to accommodate wheelchairs?
• Are there dressing rooms for the wedding party?
• Does it have a waiting area for
a place she can get to/from without being seen by the groom?
• Does it have restrooms for the
guests that are separate from the rooms where the wedding party will be
• Are candles allowed, e.g.,
for a unity candle or candelabras?
• Is wine allowed, e.g.,
for a Wine
• Are there any
religious symbols or religious iconography that I or my guests might find
• Is the heating/air
conditioning system adequate for the size of my ceremony? Is it quiet
while running and when it turns on?
• Is there an adequate reception
spacious, easy to get to, dance floor,
place for DJ, adjustable lighting, power outlets?
• Are alcoholic beverages allowed
in the reception area?
• Will I need to pay for any
additional required support
— parking valet, bartender,
off-duty police officer to monitor underage drinkers?
• Is there ample free
parking for the guests and is it close to the facility?
• If guests must park in a parking
garage, will the parking fee be waived or included in our facility fee?
• Is there an on-site coordinator
I will work with from beginning to end?
• What are the "turnkey" costs, fixed and variable, based on the size of the event?
• Is the facility easy for guests
to locate and does it have a physical address that can be located on GPS or an online map?
• Does the facility have a website
with helpful information for guests —
map link, parking/wheelchair access info, menu?
• Can I bring my own equipment,
microphone, sound system, video projector, screen, tables, arch, candelabras?
• Are power receptacles available
for lighting, musical equipment, camcorders, etc.?
• How agreeable is the host to
flex and/or work with me on special requirements and/or last-minute changes?
• Does the look and feel of the
inside and out,
fit the mood I wish to establish for my ceremony?
• What other events will be going on at
(or near) the facility at the same time as my ceremony?
• Is the facility available for a
• Is there an indoor facility
nearby that can be used in the event of inclement weather?
• Is there street noise to contend
with, e.g., busy road
or intersection, motorcycles, etc.?
• Are there any nearby police/fire
stations or hospitals
i.e., emergency vehicles with sirens, clangors, or horns?
• Is the facility in the flight
path for low-flying aircraft?
• Are there any nearby businesses
or public activities that might create noise interference or light
interference at night?
• What's the outside noise level
likely to be on the day-of-the- week and time-of-day of my ceremony?
• Can water fountains be turned
• What safeguards are in place to
ensure the sprinkler system won't automatically turn on?
• Are the walkways paved
i.e., are they high-heel and wheelchair friendly?
• Are there any overhanging trees that might
pose a bird-dropping hazard?
• In the case of an evening
ceremony, is there lighting and is it sufficient for the officiant to
read the vows and for the guests to read the program?
• Where will the sun be for the
duration of the ceremony?
• Is a wireless microphone and
• Is outdoor electrical power
available for fans, portable lighting, sound systems, etc.?
• Are restrooms available for the
• Are there any restrictions on
using wine or other alcoholic beverages outdoors?
• Are folding chairs or other
• Who is responsible for the setup
and tear down?